Saturday 27 June 2015

Review: Kate Spade Hello Notebook Set and Painterly Cheetah Notebook Set

Goooood morning, guys. Happy Saturday, we made it to the weekend!

I have a mini review today, just something simple that I thought I'd share with you. I was on the hunt for a light, portable, but still pretty notebook that I can just toss into my usual purse and use to jot down ideas here and there. So I paid a visit to what is one of my all time favourite stores now...Chapters. (Ahem, Chapters, if you're reading this, I would love to be the official endorsed reviewer for all your paper and home products, okay? Please, pretty please? Sugar with sprinkles and chocolate fudge on top?)

Anyways, I had a pleasant time browsing the sales table where laid out before me was a buffet of notebooks on sale, and that's where I found these babies:


Kate Spade notebooks in sets of 2 on sale? Yes, please! Originally, they were $12.00, but on sale they were $8.00 CAD.


There was another set with the bookshelf print on it, but I didn't find myself drawn to that design as much as these two sets. Also, that one is currently not on sale.


These notebooks have a soft cover with a pretty bold or pastel colour inside the cover.


The size of these notebooks is quite on the small side, which is perfect for me to carry around, because not only do they fit in the side pocket of my relatively large Paul's Boutique Maisy bag, they can also fit into some of my smaller sized bags. And even my larger clutches.


Now to put it to the writing test. The pages themselves feel quite "creamy." I used three different types of writing instruments: Sharpie pen (dark pink), Paper Mate ComfortMate Ultra 0.8 F (blue), and Paper Mate Flair (purple). The smoothest to write with was the ComfortMate, then the Sharpie Pen. The Paper Mate Flair was a little more choppy to write with.


The only downside to these notebooks is that 1) there is an imprint left on the other side of the page, even when writing with a ballpoint pen - so keep that in mind. I think because the notebook is so small and thin, they had to make each individual page thinner as well. And 2) because of the small size, you may run out of pages very fast - so don't expect to use this as an everyday thing if you're writing a novel.

These are sold out online on Chapters, but you can find out which Chapters stores still carry these by typing in your postal code.

You can also purchase these from the official Kate Spade page (not on sale, though).

That's it for me today, guys. I hope you all have a great weekend. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment